Tuesday 19 June 2012

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\___Q & A_____|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|<<<<<<<

I am loving so much this interview made by Hart, fashion editor from That's Shanghai. You can find it on line here and here and here:


Screen shot 2012-06-19 at 下午12.55.50


Tell us about your new pop-up shop in Source.


Source is one of the best shops in Shanghai, they are pioneers bringing Shanghai great brands such as Cheap Monday, Henry Holland, Adidas, Pointer...it's a great platform for my brand. I am very happy to have their support and to be able cooperate together to develop something very new, fresh and exciting.


What are some key looks of your new line, Celia B? What styles are you creating?


I am developing a bright and colorful collection with lots of Afro prints, neon highlights, mix and match of textures and of course, crochet! The pieces will be very summery and fresh: rara skirts, shorts, dresses, tank tops, bustiers...unique styles to look amazing this summer.


Who is the ‘Celia B’ woman?


The Celia B woman is special and different from the masses. She loves her individuality and expressing herself freely through her way of dressing. She is in love with the world, nature and the different cultures around the globe… she takes all these sources of inspiration and combines them creating a unique and very attractive aesthetic. When I picture the kind of look that I want to reach through my designs, I imagine something very feminine, different, cool, fun and creative. It is also about breaking rules and molds...fashion and trends are so fast and homogenized these days, it's time to look at ourselves, see our inner beauty and create our own style that glows all over!


What’s the deal with your lovable, whacky bag line of Little Monsters?


The Little Monsters are beautiful creatures that make you smile and look great in almost any outfit. I started creating them thinking about one of the things that I love the most: making patchworks. I mixed crochet with bright fake fur and other materials. They are reversible, so you can wear them in many ways. Every view is different and every bag is different as well. Once I saw the first collection of monsters I thought about the Popples, those little fur toys that I had when I was a kid. In fact many of my designs remind me of my childhood. It might be because I like creating things that make me happy... and I love that part of my life when I was able to play all the time and just have fun... It's all about freedom.


Where did you learn to knit?


I learned knitting one year ago. I loved it so much because I was desperately looking for doing something with my hands again...I worked full time during the past eight years in the fashion industry, during that time I lost the connection between the creations in my head and the power of creating things with my hands. The crochet is great because you can carry the yarns and the needles wherever you go. So there is no more time lost in queues or in waiting rooms...it's like playing. I also like the fact that you can mix all kinds of materials and colors...it's very fun!


Where do you like to shop in Shanghai ?


To be honest, I am not a shopaholic in Shanghai...It's hard to find shops that I like here. I love the ethnic minority shops where I can find very unique and inspiring pieces; there is one shop in Julu Lu that is amazing (she’s talking about Brocade Country, see more here). I also like the vintage and antique markets, like the one in Dongtai Lu.. .but what I buy the most in Shanghai are trims and materials. Almost everyday I am at the trim market in Yu Gardens or Shanghai Mart.


What is your style inspiration this summer?


This summer I am really into my own line of clothing! Since I started to develop it, I only want to wear my creations. I love the African prints, the pop up colors, the metallic touches ,the hand crafted pieces, the bright and fun accessories...


 



No comments:

Post a Comment